The role of the Academic Department is to approve academic policies, oversee the academic standards and quality of the academic activity, authorize awards of the Board and provide advice to the Chairman on the strategic direction of ICHSE’s academic activity.
The Academic Department provides the Board of Members with assurance that our academic strategy is fit for purpose and approves new additions and revisions to academic policy. It has oversight of all academic provision through the Academic Regulatory Framework and the quality management and enhancement mechanisms.
The Academic Board is chaired by the Secretary and is made up of 50 per cent Executive members and 50 per cent non-Executive members. The majority of the non-Executive members will be elected from the academic and student community.
The Academic Board routinely conducts elections to populate its own membership and that of its committees. Elections will be announced through weekly e-news and other channels.
Terms of Reference
The candidate should have completed 14 years of age on 1st February of the Year of admission; however this condition would not be applicable in case of CTP.
- Subject to the requirements of validation and accrediting bodies, the Academic Department is responsible for :
- Directing our Academic Strategy
- Appointing external examiners and determining their conditions of service
- Setting mechanisms for assuring quality and standards of the provision and experience
- Approving and regulating schemes of study and assessment leading to Board awards
- Granting diplomas, certificates and other academic awards to persons who have pursued a scheme of study approved by the Academic Department, and passed the assessment of the Board, satisfying the examiners
- Prescribing conditions under which persons may be admitted to the Board and any scheme of study, and to determine by Regulations or otherwise, the conditions under which students shall be permitted to continue their studies in the Board.
- Approving the Regulations
- Regulating the discipline of students of the Board
- Receiving reports of the proceedings of its sub-committees and to give directions to, and consider recommendations from such committees
- Considering the development of the academic activities of the Board and the resources needed to support them, and for advising the Chairman and the Board of Members accordingly
- Advising on such other matters as the Board of Members or the Chairman may refer to the Academic Department
- Establishing such committees as it considers necessary for carrying out its responsibilities, and may delegate powers to such committees provided that each establishment and delegation is approved by the Chairman and the Board of Members. The number of members of any such committee and the terms on which they are to hold and vacate office shall be determined by the Academic Department. All committees of the Academic Department shall include students of the Board, unless the business of the committee includes matters relating to any named or identifiable member of staff, prospective member of staff, student or prospective student, and the Academic Department determines that it would be inappropriate for students to be members of that committee.
Minimum number of members that must be present to constitute a valid meeting (Quorum): one third of members eligible to attend.
Frequency of meetings : Five Per Year